Some items are so versatile that they are used throughout a variety or industries. And while duct tape is known as being pretty versatile, there is actually another item that serves an even greater purpose: hose clamps. In fact, adjustable hose clamps are so useful that they can be used for serious tasks like keeping fuel lines in place in cars, planes, and boats, while also being used in craft rooms across the nation.
As an industrial looking frame for a mirror to an organizational way to hold supply jars, hose clamps for crafting are growing in popularity. For instance, some jewelry makers are creating both rings and necklaces from the tiniest of stainless steel clamps. A reliable clamp can hold an exhaust hose in place on a washing machine just as it can hold hanging jars of buttons, tacks, and other crafting items.
Hose Clamps for Crafting Continue to Grow in Popularity
Although hose clamps have long been used in various kinds mechanical settings, it is only more recently that these same adjustable clamps have found their ways into craft rooms. From auto shops to she sheds, both small and large hose clamps can serve a variety of purposes. Consider some of these facts and figures about the wide use of hose clamps in the mechanical world and the craft world:
- Hose clamps are typically limited to moderate pressures, such as those found in home applications and automotive situations.
- Bent into a tight U shape, wire hose clamps are typically composed of a heavy piece of wire.
- Screw hose clamps are often used for temporarily fixing damaged pipes when they need to be quickly repaired in emergency situations.
- Hose clamps are often used as as a replacement for duct tape or heavy duty zip ties.
- Worm gear clamps, spring clamps, and wire clamps are the three different types of hose clamps.
- Although these are now making their way into home crafting areas, the most typical use for hose clamps include securing hoses in automotive systems, as well as clamping lines in household plumbing systems.
Few supplies are as versatile as hose clamps. Available as both stainless steel and plastic, these adjustable attachments can solve many every day tasks and even emergency situations. In addition, they are becoming an increasingly common supply in many craft rooms.