In the dead of winter, the last thing anyone wants to do is trudge out to the car, open the door, start the engine, turn the heat on and walk back into the house.
With a remote car starter, that’s no longer a problem. You can stay in the house and start the car from the front door or even from your couch depending on how far your key is able to go. In fact, many remote car starters can turn a car on from up to 1,500 feet away.
According to recent industry statistics, more than 90 percent of car owners purchase exterior car accessories. In fact, the exterior car accessories industry is poised to reach hefty revenues of nearly $255 billion by the end of 2024.
From sun deflectors to trailer hitches to car covers, there are no shortage of exterior accessories available. One of the most popular exterior accessories is a remote car starter. A remote car starter is affordable and remote car starter installation is fairly easy. With so many benefits, a remote car starter is becoming as common as improved audio systems and security car systems in vehicles.
Here are six benefits to getting yourself a remote car starter:
- Ease of starting the car: As previously mentioned, having to go outside and start the car on a cold day is less than desirable. Setting your heat controls ahead of time and combining that with remote start will give you a nice warm car on a cold day.
- Dealing with weather: With a remote car starter, not only can you get your heat going inside the car, you can preset your defrost controls and never have to go outside to scrap the ice and remove the snow off your windshield. In the summer time, you can preset the AC so on a sweltering hot day, you can hit the remote start and have the AC blasting by the time you reach the car.
- Better security: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 38,000 carjacking victimizations occurred annually between 1993-2002. With that in mind, another benefit of a remote starter is the ability to start your car faster. If you’re feeling unsafe, having the ability to easily unlock and start your car makes it much safer to go to it, especially if you’re in a crowded area.
- Lights: Another benefit of a programmable keys or a remote starter is that you can remotely unlock and start your car, which will automatically turn on your headlights. This gives you another layer of comfort since you can easily find where your car is and you’ll feel safer knowing that you’ll be able to know your surroundings a little better, especially in a dimly lit area.
- Finding your car: Whether you’re in the crowded parking lot or parked in a parking garage for a sporting event, one question everyone asks in that situation is “Where is my car?”
In the chaos of a crowded parking lot or garage, a remote car starter can help take away all the stress of finding your car. Having buttons that automatically lock and unlock and start your car gives you the ability to make your headlights light up and for your horn to honk. Rather than wandering around aimlessly, you can easily find your vehicle and be on your way.
- Thinking of the kids: When it comes to changes in weather and being hot and cold, children are apt to notice and will let you know about it. A remote car starter can take the guess work out of changes in the weather and can help you keep the kids happy. If it’s raining outside, a remote starter can get that car nice and warm. In the dogs days of summer, the remote start can get your car nice and cool. Either way, the remote starter keeps the kids happy and cuts down on the complaining.
If you’re looking for an easier way to keep the kids happy, deal with the weather and improve security as it relates to your car, a remote car starter can work wonders. A local dealership can easily install a remote starter to your car and make your driving experience a whole lot easier.