Vinyl wraps for vehicles are very popular. They are used by companies to raise brand awareness. They are used by individuals to change the look of their ride. Now the Prague Postandnbsp;has put out an in depth report on what they are, why you might want one and how to take car of the vehicle wrap material to keep it looking new.
What is a custom vehicle wrap?
This is when graphics are applied with a vehicle wrap material, such as vinyl. They can be made to fit small cars or ca be made for larger vehicles. Truck wrap kits and boat wrap kits can be used to customize a truck or boat. There really is no size limit.
Is one vehicle wrap material better than the others? Does it matter?
The quality of the material can make a very big difference. If you get a vinyl that is not the best quality, it can end up cracking or peeling. It is also going to be more likely to fade or tear. If your truck wrap designs are to promote a business, faded, cracked and peeling will make your vehicles look cheap and can hurt your brand. You may spend more on higher quality wraps but they will last longer and may save you money in the long run. The right quality vehicle wrap material will make a difference.
Why are so many companies and people opting for vinyl car graphics?
There are a lot of reasons to have this done:
- Vinyl car wrapping is a lot cheaper than painting. If you want to change the look of your car or truck, you can do that with a vinyl car wrap for between $500 and several thousand dollars. When you are looking at a paint job, you can expect to spend more than $10,000.
- The vehicle wrap material is great to protect the car or truck. When it comes to protecting a car from the dangerous UV rays from the sun, nothing is better than a vinyl car wrap.
- You will increase your car’s resale value. The protective qualities of most car wrap materials will increase the value of your car.
- You are only limited by your imagination. When you want a certain design, you can get it with a car wrap job.
- You can change your look as often as you like. It is super easy to change the look of the vehicle. If you are doing this for a business, you can change the look of your car for every season, if you want.
- These are incredibly easy to maintain. Some people will say that these are hard to keep up but that is just not true. All you need to do is wash the vehicle to keep it looking great.
If you are concerned about how to maintain a vinyl wrap, the Prague Postandnbsp;has your back. Here are their tips for maintaining the vehicle wrap.
- Be careful when you wash the vehicle. Use a mild detergent, soft sponge, cloth or rag and clean water to wash it.
- Use a clean cloth, rag or towel to dry the car or truck after you wash it.
- Isopropyl alcohol is great for stains or spots. If you see a small spot that needs cleaning, use the alcohol and then rinse with cool or cold water. Avoid using hot water on the vehicle wrap material.
- Stubborn stains can be removed with soapy warm water and then isopropyl alcohol. What you need to do is soak the stain with the water, follow up with the alcohol and then rinse with cool water.
- Park your car under some protection. If you can, park your car in a garage. This is good for all cars.
- Never go through an automated car wash. These are too harsh on the wrapping. Always hand wash a car that has a wrap. By the same token, make sure the cleaners you use on the car are not too harsh.
- Do not use polishes or waxes. These can damage the wrap material a lot and are really not needed when you have this on a car or truck.
There are a lot of reasons to have a vehicle wrapped for personal or business use. The good news is there are also ways to keep wraps looking great.